November 5, 2011

the best kind of drop in visit


I love it when days like these just happen unexpectedly. Our friends Forbes & Jacinthe and their sweet new little daughter Elle popped in today. I was just mesmerized watching Elle's facial expressions while she slept in my arms. It's one of those little blissful moments in life that I wouldn't trade for anything. There is something so amazing about watching friends embark on these huge life shifts. I'm so happy to share in it. Another good friend of ours -Kerry, her hubby Scott and their daughter Sydney welcomed a new little girl to their family on Nov 2: Alexa Quinn - how sweet is that name? I can't wait to meet her. We haven't settled on a name yet. We have shortlisted the girls names to our top three, but still have seven or eight boys names floating around. Each month I seem to rotate through different favourites. Did you have baby names picked out before you gave birth? Or, do you think it's easier to see the baby first? 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meet the baby first.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pics Kelly.
We have two girls names and 1 boy name...so I think we will meet little one first, and then decide. My girldfriend had a little boy...the name they had set out for him was Billy, but when he came out - all 10lb 5oz of him, the needed to name him Tom as Billy just wasn't strong enough for him.....I guess the luxury of being a parent is making changes even if you have your heart set on it. Our little ones will challenge us every day and I can't wait to be on this journey. Knowing you are there going through it too is comforting to know.
Lots of love Kelly,
Lu

kelly said...

Thank you for the comments! Lu, I'm over the moon excited for you and so happy to share in this with you. xo