February 20, 2011

paris, je t'aime

Today the sun was shining and the air was crisp, with promises of spring buds sprouting through the soil.
There's just a natural romance to the day. When the air has the slightest hint of Spring, my mind starts swimming with images of Paris. My current fantasy is to take French classes, learn French cooking and save up for a vacation in Paris for my 40th, which strikes next year (like a lead pipe). I would love to rent an apartment with my love and our little one and live like the locals, going to the markets, cafes, riding bicyclettes around les rues. I'd love to take the train out to the French countryside and visit picturesque villages happily snapping photos at every turn. The baguettes, the cheese, the coffee, the wine. That's not really a sentence, but trust me, it is a complete thought. There's definitely a romantic je ne sais quoi to French living that has me mesmerized.
I hope your weekend was tres manifique!

I love the brilliant street shots of everyday Parisian fashion captured here by The Satorialist.


Check out this wonderful commercial by EF Education that will make you swoon for Paris:

2 comments:

Mariella said...

Oh Paris is absolutely wonderful, I lived there for 6 months years ago, it wasn't exactly the happiest time of my life, but the memories of this city, I will carry them with me forever...

kelly said...

you are such a woman of the world Mariella! You're so well travelled - so impressive! Sorry it was a difficult time for you - but glad you still have fond memories of Paris...