September 7, 2010

Wheee!!


I have to say, sometimes the most amazing little things can happen that just put a huge smile on your face, or in my case, make me happily clap and shout "wheee!!!!!" before I can stop myself from actually making the ridiculous sound wheee.....

One of my favourite inspiring women: Susannah Conway (teacher/photographer/writer/) - just sent out her September newsletter to update readers on her current book progress and her upcoming classes.....and for this month's newsletter - she featured my writing as a testimonial to take her class. I am overcome with bliss to see my name on the same page as hers. It's not everyday you find someone who truly inspires you. Susannah turned to photography after the sudden death of her boyfriend, and in doing so, took her life in a positive new direction. Through photographs, Susannah found her footing again and rediscovered a new path for herself beyond all the grief. Now she has successful online photography/writing classes and has landed a book deal about polaroid photography. I find so much joy in her images and her words. It was her blog that inspired me to create my new blog, and her Unravelling class helped me find my voice. 

To see my own words reflected back on this amazing woman's newsletter felt like a full circle moment for me. 

Wheee!!!


This is what was featured in her newsletter:

recent testimonial

'I just wanted to thank you so much for the best treat I've ever given myself.  I have never felt such a creative awakening as I have taking this class. It's such a great environment that you've created - this amazing tribe of women sharing their stories, their beautiful photos and felt safe in the space to tell their most personal stories. We all bonded so quickly because of it. I literally stayed up until midnight most nights pouring through all the photos and writing - and that's late for me, I have to get up at 5:30 for work, but I didn't care. I just felt a natural buzz that kept me going all these weeks. I still have a lot of work to do in terms of my own confidence, but you have set me on the most beautiful path towards it.' ~ Kelly

1 comment:

Susannah Conway said...

bless your beautiful heart :) xo