September 17, 2010

the portrait project


I'm piecing together a list of 38 things I want to do when I turn 38 next month (aside from gasp). One of  my goals is to take portraits of our friends & family. I want these portraits to give a little glimpse into their unique personalities. I want to transform our den wall into a mini gallery with these photographs. I'm so excited by the thought of having a display of friendly faces that bring so much joy to our lives. I think it will also help to stretch my photography skills. That being said,  Annie Leibovitz definitely doesn't have to worry about any competition. I hold her portraits as the pinnacle of what I shoot for, one day (or several thousand days), in the future. Her inspiring and compelling images are so creative, thought provoking and inspired my little idea.
When I finish, I'll post a link to my Flickr album. What are some of your goals this year?

1 comment:

Gina said...

Sounds like a great project! Have fun with it.