September 12, 2010

the three way mirror...


Last weekend, while we were in Whistler, I happily picked out some yoga gear and stepped into the Lululemon changeroom. Cue scary music. Each changeroom has mirrors strategically placed so that you can see yourself from all angles. At first I did a double take to see if someone else was in the changeroom with me because there was a butt staring back to me that I clearly did not recognize. I was spinning around like a dog chasing its tale - who's butt is this??  Needless to say I walked out of the store empty handed but armed with a serious mission: to get my body back. So far in September we have stepped it into high gear - hitting the gym at least 5 times a week and kicking it up a notch on the weekends. I am so happy that I have a partner who is highly motivating & encouraging. He's trying to rebuild his knee & leg strength after being hit by a truck - we're definitely on a mission together to rebuild our bodies. This weekend he suggested we ride our bikes to Tsawwassen to shock our bodies. Mission accomplished. My butt was shocked so much that it felt like it was ready to fall off, and yet sadly, it didn't.  Even if the pounds aren't flying off yet, we're having fun coming up with little adventures. Yesterday we saw eagles, hawks, heron, rabbits, and hundreds of ducks. We saw a woman on horseback who dropped her sunglasses, hopped off her horse to retrieve them, and the horse took off at full speed down the beach. Sweet Freedom! After picking up her sunglasses, and looking at her horse way in the distance, she said, "well, this is interesting." You definitely don't get to see this kind of stuff at the gym. There is such great rewards from taking care of yourself through exercise- you feel more energized, less stressed, happier, more connected to yourself - I can't recommend it enough. Are you making time for yourself?

No comments: