September 26, 2010

Jack & Sky


Yesterday was one of those perfect warm autumn days. I got to spend the afternoon at Crescent Beach with my two favourite munchkins - my nephew Jack and niece Skylar.  I always feel exhilarated in their presence. The funniest part of the day was turning around, seeing Jack standing by someone's white picket fence with his pants around his ankles shouting "I have to pee!!" Trying to rush him to the nearest bush without him springing a leak is like holding a ticking bomb in your hands with the Mission Impossible theme blaring in the background. It's always an adventure. These two bring out every maternal instinct in me and always assure me that having a family is something I truly want.

2 comments:

Catalina said...

Love Vancouver! (used to live there many years) your niece and nephew are so beautiful! great pictures as well

Lis said...

Such gorgeous images! And to open up your blog with that amazing little face!

Looking forward to Unravelling with you :) I can see I am in for a treat when you post your photos. Love that bathtub! YUM.

Thanks for swinging by my blog ... I need a week to steep myself in everyone's deliciousness.

xo Lis