August 4, 2010

August 4th-Smiley's Birthday


It was my love's birthday today. After work, we met up downtown for some yummy eats at Cafe Barney's cozy patio and caught an amazing production of Glengarry Glen Ross at the Stanley theatre. Of course I got into trouble trying to snap a photo of the beautiful inside of the theatre - curse those ushers and their x-ray vision! I highly recommend this play - the cast put forward amazing performances - it is truly Eric McCormack like you've never seen him. There are so many F bombs dropped, I think one of my favourite lines was when one character leaves the office and says,  "Fuck the lot of you, and Fuck you all!"
Brilliant. I think the language probably shocked some of the high brow "theatre patrons" - who probably didn't realize, when they were getting their perms refreshed for the evening's performance, that they'd be listening to a the C word bookended by F bombs. I'm sure that put a few extra curls in their hair.
A great night out with my favourite person who turned 42 today. He is calling 42 the classy year. We'll see. But a scotch over dinner and a play to follow - maybe he's onto something.....xo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love them all, but the red balloons pic is my absolute fave!

Mariella said...

Nice pictures I especially love the red balloons and the last one, it has a sweet retro feeling...x