August 21, 2012

pretty in pink

Day 20 photo challenge prompt: Today
I didn't think anything too noteworthy would happen yesterday because it was a typical errands/dog walking/park visiting kind of day. In the morning I had to go to the passport office in Richmond to expedite my passport renewal for a friend's upcoming wedding. While waiting (and waiting) for my number to be called, one of the Real Housewives of Vancouver (Reiko), or as I like to call her, the normal one, sat down next to me. It was a pretty funny dynamic. If you could put a split screen between us, you'd see me juggling a squirming/fussy baby shaking my car keys with crazed fervour while her nanny tended to her daughter as she sat calmly texting on her phone. She was sporting a stylish Louis Vuitton satchel and I had baby bottles sticking out of my vegan purse made from recycled materials. I'm not a materialistic person (which you have noticed by now) but I have never been so aware of how mismatched my outfit was and how un-manicured my toes were, sticking out of my flip flops like gnarled tater tots, as I was in that moment. Of course we loaded up our vehicles at the same time and as luck would have it my dirty (lived in?) truck was parked alongside her sparkling range rover, but the real question one asks is, is she happy? She appeared to be, and fit, and relaxed. But hey, I've got laugh lines and lines to show I've lived, and a waist to show I enjoy food...and.....


No comments: