February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

I have written about romantic love in the past, but something new has happened to my heart. As soon as I saw the doctor hoist her into the air and place her in my arms, I knew that I would never be the same. It was the single most extraordinary moment of my life. My heart has been extremely lucky in life to have the love I feel reflected back to me through romance, family and friendships, but the love I have for my baby girl is something beyond any capacity I have ever known. I want show her every amazing thing this world has to offer, to watch her excitement grow with each new discovery, to help her realize her dreams, to be her greatest cheerleader and to have her always feel loved and protected. I feel like my heart lives externally now, in this little being. I think Valentine's Day is a cheesy hallmark driven event decorated in overpriced flower arrangements, but nonetheless, it is a great excuse to spend some time together. We walked along the beach and overdosed on mini sandwiches and tiny treats. Valentine's Day: coming soon to a muffin top near you. 



No comments: