January 31, 2011

perched

I had to leave work early today because my chest cold erupted into the chills. I snapped these quick photos on my way home. I'm bummed because I was supposed to go out for dinner tonight and meet my friend's new love. I am so happy for her and this exciting phase of life she's experiencing. I wanted to meet the man who is making her swoon. 
I don't know if it's from all of the vitamin C pumping through my veins, but the bird photos have me thinking about life: 
We are all on our own journey. We each have to work hard, flapping our wings, weathering storms and correcting our paths. Some days we happily soar and everything is clear, and some days we struggle to stay above the clouds. We should always take pause, catch our breath and look around. Soon enough, friends will gather. We're all on separate journeys, but the paths of friends will always intersect.

Yep, must be the Vitamin C.
OR PMS. 

One month of 365 down, 11 to go!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha Great post Kelly.
Wear a wool toque please.