July 29, 2010

August Break


In May, I took Susannah Conway's brilliant Unravelling course: An online writing/photography class for women. For course info, click here. We were set up in a private Flickr group and welcomed into Susannah's online classroom. We quickly bonded and formed an amazing tribe of women stretching the globe. Every week we were given unique photography assignments and had to share four photos per person. It was unbelievably inspiring and creative to see how different we were in our perspectives of the same assignment. It was by far THE BEST photography class I've taken. I honestly was up at midnight daily and had to get up at 5:30am for work, but I didn't care. I was so excited to pour over everyone's photos & find out their unique histories. Now that it has wrapped up, I'm going through serious withdrawal.  I was UBER excited to find out Susannah has created the August Break. Each day in the month of August, we will snap a photo and post it on our blogs. So far over 190 people have registered their blogs. I can't wait. It will definitely be a creative challenge and put my love of procrastination to the test. See you in a few days! For more info, click here.

1 comment:

Susannah Conway said...

you are so lovely :D xoxo