Wednesday, Aug. 6
Today I dashed home from work, gulped down dinner and whisked my little gal to the beach to catch the Snowbirds put on a spectacular show. By Snowbirds, I'm not referring to the senior citizens lining the beach. I'm talking about these guys. There were several moments where I was holding my breath, in awe of their precision, jaw dropping skills and artistry. A few times I got choked up, completely caught up in the beauty of it all.
Today I am grateful for:
- Running into friends on the beach and enjoying the Snowbirds show together.
- Being given a free lunch at work today - an extremely delicious veggie burger. Fixins too, you ask? Oh there were plenty o' fixins.
- Colouring with my little girl and having her lean over and whisper, "I love you mommy."
Tuesday, August 5th:Today's gratitude toppers were:
- Forcing myself to get off my butt and go running with our group, and feeling like one million dollars after it all. I stress the word after it all because during the run, there were definitely moments that if I had a wallet on me, I would have hailed a cab.
- Dressing up in party dresses and dancing around the living room with my favourite redhead.
- Comedic minds like these. I have nothing but respect and time for people with quick wit.