August 7, 2014

15.

Today's gratitude list pretty much writes itself.

  • My Dad pulling through his heart surgery. It was a lot longer than we anticipated and hearing his groggy voice was the best sound ever. I am also extremely grateful my team let me leave work early to be with my mom at the hospital. I'd also like to give a shout out to my Aunty Ann, who just might be the most amazing support system I have ever known/witnessed. She stayed with my mom from the early hours of the morning and was cooking with her at 9pm when I checked in. I love her to bits.
  • My hubby. 15 years married today and 20 years together. Marrying him is, without a shadow of a doubt, the single best decision I've ever made. Life is a beautiful adventure when travelled with your best friend. 
  • My friends. Supportive. Lovely. Ever so thoughtful with their kind calls/texts/check ins on dad. My friend Tricia showed up at my doorstep, with a giant, beautiful bouquet of flowers, blowing me away with her generosity. You know how people have a thing - hers is taking thoughtfulness to a whole new level. Craig and I often ask ourselves, what would Tricia do in this situation? Because we know it makes us better people.

No comments: