July 21, 2013

Mt. Baker getaway...

Hello friends! I hope you had a fantastic weekend! We had a little mountain escape with friends and stayed in a beautiful cabin at Mt. Baker. I grew up with a family cabin at Mt. Baker that my parents sold 11 years ago. Being back in the same subdivision this past weekend reminded me not only how breathtaking it is up there, but how many amazing memories we have built there over the years. 
This weekend's highlights included: stopping off at Nooksack Falls, picnicking on the stunning mountaintop, delicious pub grub, staying up late, sleeping in, Cards against Humanity, Hot tubbing, a midnight walk through a wooded graveyard, awesome salmon bbq, swimming, cheering on our hubbies who rode their bikes 90 kms to meet us there, ice cream cones, Trader Joes, gin and tonics, quality time with quality people.
When I have a weekend like this, it makes me feel so lucky to have crossed paths with such extraordinary people as these.
xo

1 comment:

ArtGecko said...

Life was meant to be lived like this. Here's to great friends and more good times to come!