July 29, 2012

duck duck GOOSE!!!


I hope you're having a great weekend so far! We went to the Reifel Bird Sanctuary yesterday which I highly recommend if you feel like a beautiful walk surrounded by gorgeous scenery and birds. I have to admit, I have a little fear of birds (because I've had two land on my head before - perhaps mistaking my coarse locks for their nest). On our visit to Reifel, we were actually stalked by an aggressive goose who literally sprinted down the path after us. I was terrified and laughing my ass off at the same time. Just like something out of a horror movie, we threw bird seed in one direction and ran as fast as we could in the other direction, hoping to create some sort of diversion. While we were running,  my frigging sunglasses flew off and as I stopped to pick them up, I glanced back over my shoulder and saw him flying after us at full speed. I felt like one of those people who sees the killer coming and can't start their car. I felt paralyzed on the path. I'm pretty sure I screamed. In fact, I know I screamed. I stopped to turn and face him with a white towel in hand, in part to wave him off and in part to surrender. Even as another family walked by clearly holding a bag of birdseed, which I tried my hardest to point out to him, he didn't stop pursuing us. It wasn't until we entered a section of the park where people were feeding birds en masse that we were able to lose him. And we're pretty sure we heard someone scream. I wouldn't be surprised if he just ran into the crowd and bit the first person he made eye contact with. He was CRAZY. Here is a glimpse of my nemesis lurking in the shadows.

1 comment:

MrsZad said...

Sorry...but that story is really REALLY funny. I hate geese...they are aggressive and scary. I probably woulda peed my pants!! hahaaa