December 23, 2010

2010 - favourite images from the year...


These images all trigger an emotional response in me. They remind me of the incredible year that we had and the wonderful moments that gave it shape. Here's my quick rundown of why I set these images apart from the rest.....

1. 2010 Olympics. Canada suddenly felt like a small community instead of the enormous land mass that it is. Pride ran rampant through the streets. The maple leaf waved on thousands of flags and mittens. I don't know if I even breathed during the gold medal hockey game's overtime period. I have never felt Vancouver so alive and never cried so many tears of pride for our amazing athletes as I did for those two weeks. I'm so happy we got to experience it all.

2. Molly - I've got nothing but love for this face.

3.  The red bicycle.  This photo was taken in Arizona. It is the first trip I've taken with just my mom and I. Now I think we'll do one every year. It made me so happy to see her so blissfully happy.

4. Pink Grasses. This was taken in our front yard. It just reminds me of home and all that home represents. Warm and fuzzy.

5. Crescent Beach Marina at sunset. I am so proud to live in such a beautiful community.

6. My nephew Jack at Crescent Beach.  I love how quiet and peaceful he seems in this moment.  He is usually always on the run  My heart explodes everytime I see him.

7. My niece Skylar. Those eyes. Those cheeks. She is pure love.

8. Cooper. She never leaves my side. She'll curl up wherever I am in the house. Twelve years together and seven moves in between. Love my sidekick.

9. The Okanagan. Celebrating a friend's 40th, we got caught in a torrential downpour while visiting the Red Rooster winery. Everything was instantly misty and so vividly green. There is something so wonderful about being trapped inside with amazing friends, watching the rain bounce off the ground while we stay cozy sampling delicious wine.

10. Forbes and Jacinthe's wedding. One of my dearest friends was legally made a Mrs. The sunset wedding and the brides were breathtaking. I was overwhelmingly proud to witness it all.

11. Mt. Baker. This mountain is where I grew up. We had a family cabin here for over 20 years. I've never seen it look more stunning as I did this year. My heart swells with nostalgia whenever I see Baker's majestic peak.

12. The girls. To me this photo symbolizes what friendship is all about. Cozy and connected. We hiked, danced, drank, danced some more and stayed up into the wee hours talking. Bliss.

13. Smiley. This was taken at home while he was getting ready for Zad & Kathy's wedding. He is my handsome gentle giant. I love the clothes he put together for the event. He really is my home.

14. Cuba. To me Havana is truly what Cuba is all about: vintage cars, beautiful architecture, an endless pool of talented musicians and vivid colours. It is a photographer's dream.

15. Fall leaves. I picked these leaves up while walking Molly. I just tossed them in a pile on our kitchen table and started shooting photos. The Fall's crisp air, stunning sunset palette of colour and crunchy leaves underfoot make me blissfully happy. It is one of those simple pleasures in life. A sunny autumn day is my favourite time of year.

I hope you had a wonderful year. xoxo

No comments: