October 4, 2010

Mt. Baker Getaway...

I grew up with a family cabin in a beautiful little rustic area called Snowline at the base of Mt. Baker. It was a classic A-Frame cabin from the '70s full of kitschy decor like macrame owls, vintage ski sets, garage sale paintings  - deliciously tacky goodness. We shared it with two other families for 27 years. My brother and I literally grew up there. We paddled in the pool and learned to ski on the slopes when we were little and hosted crazy parties when we were older. It was so much fun to re-visit my old stomping ground with three women who I hold near and dear to my heart. Over ten years ago (gasp!) - I started working for an energy marketing company. It was supposed to just be a temporary summer job until I landed full time status at the community newspaper I was reporting for. Needless to say, amazing people, great hours and a competitive salary to boot quickly transpired into 10+ years in the energy biz. The best part of working there, without a shred of a doubt, was meeting the three amazing women pictured with me in the photos above. Our personalities are all so different from one another, but blended together, they make for a kick ass combination. We are dispersed in different cities and because of the busy-ness of life - we try to plan visits quarterly. This time round, we rented a beautiful cabin developed by Method Homes. For information on their LEED standard beautiful prefab homes and cabins, click:  here. The cabin became the perfect home away from home for our weekend full of great conversations, dancing, eating, relaxing, hiking, drinking, reading gossip high brow magazines and watching chick high brow films. For more photos from the weekend o' fun - please click here

No comments: