October 17, 2017

45 things for 45

Hello sweet friends! I wanted to make a little list of 45 things I hope to do during this year of being 45. I chose the photo above because staying at this ranch in Arizona was without question, one of the biggest highlights of my past year. Waking up with horses outside our window, taking our daughter on a horseback ride through cactus dotted hills, eating one of the best dinners we've ever had under the stars on a warm desert night was an experience that I will never forget. In addition to our trip to Arizona, meeting and cheering on Baby Nash, our new (to us) Boler trailer, and the 21 nights we slept in it on various camping trips, floating down the river on inner tubes in Leavenworth, taking Stella to Mary Poppins, spending the weekend at Bowyer Island with my family, tobogganing in our beautiful local parks with friends because there was that. much. snow., ringing in the new year singing with some of our nearest and dearest were some of my memories of 44 that I will never forget.
I can't wait to see what adventures unfold for us this year.

Without further ado, here's my 45 things (in completely random order of importance):

  1. Get my blog back up and running.
  2. Organize a winter getaway with friends.
  3. Teach myself a photo editing program like Lightroom.
  4. Explore the Sunshine Coast.
  5. Reno the Boler.
  6. Learn how to macrame. (not macarena).
  7. Plan an amazing travel adventure for Craig's 50th.
  8. Create a photo book of our past year.
  9. Build a treehouse for Stella.
  10. Read at least one book a month.
  11. Camp in three spots we've never been.
  12. Paint the main level of our house.
  13. Lose 10-20 pounds. 
  14. Learn how to plant a veggie garden.
  15. Try cooking one new thing a week.
  16. Ride bikes with Stella without her training wheels.
  17. Adopt a second pet.
  18. Get my dad to travel.
  19. Buy new eyeglasses.
  20. Return to the amazing Saltspring Farmer's market.
  21. Stay at an air bnb.
  22. Take dad to My Shanti.
  23. Make money doing a creative project.
  24. Complete my 2017 - 365 photo project.
  25. Take dad to some of my favourite parks
  26. Skate with Santa.
  27. Host a friendsmas dinner.
  28. Travel to a city or country we've never been to.
  29. Take Stella to another play.
  30. Put hardwood floors on our main level.
  31. Host a dinner where everyone brings 5 of their favourite songs.
  32. Learn how to weave and make my own wall hanging.
  33. Take an art class at 4 cats with Stella.
  34. When my 365 is done, post more professional photos and participate in more photo groups.
  35. Build a back deck
  36. Update our bedroom into a dreamscape.
  37. Buy a new camera.
  38. Average 10,000 steps a day on the fitbit.
  39. Take random days off to have time for myself.
  40. Take a class/workshop in design or staging
  41. Do our little Bellingham getaway
  42. Sunset trips in our canoe
  43. Create an art corner in the playroom
  44. Daily gratitude journal.
  45. More facetime with friends and special dates with Craig.


No comments: