March 5, 2017

This is us









Hello friends! I don't seem to write on this blog as often as I'd like to. Today we drove to one of our favourite parks (Campbell Valley) and it was locked up due to the slushy/snowy trail conditions. But we parked on the side of the road and ventured in. We hiked (slid?) down a slippery "lesser known" trail and laughed when we found our way to the trail entrance and saw it had been taped up with the yellow "do not cross" tape due to hazardous conditions. Look at us being so adventurous before brunch. I apologize in advance for the sheer volume of bird photos but I just wanted to remember this moment today, where I was standing on a beautiful snow covered bridge, and everywhere I turned birds were landing all around me. I snapped all of these photos in less than 10 minutes, just taking in the sounds of their chirps and fluttering wings, interspersed with ducks and the sound of my daughter's voice asking if i'm done yet.....
But when I'm standing in nature, with my daughter and husband by my side, I think my heart is at it's fullest, which probably explains why most of my photos are taken in parks, because I want to share my happy place.
I read this article tonight and had to pass it on to you - it gives us all a much needed reminder of how precious our time is here. I highly recommend you take a few moments to read it here. After reading it, I also felt incredibly grateful that I am so madly in love with my family, and in return, have the best love reflected back. xo

No comments: