November 29, 2010

brothers & sisters


This weekend I got to see some of my favourite brother & sister combos. These amazing faces always make me smile. And on a dark, drizzly Monday like today - it was perfect timing to upload some happy images. It's funny - my nephew Jack (with the blonde curls) is the spitting image of my brother when he was that age. Whenever I'm with Jack, I'm nostalgic about my childhood with Greg. He was my partner in crime growing up - we'd explore the neighbourhood together, race our bikes, climb trees, jump ditches, play baseball, you name it.  He was always making hilarious faces or trying some crazy stunt to keep me entertained. He took more tumbles than anyone I know. One of his classic moves was falling down a manhole when he was dressed up as a tiger for Halloween. There was a crew working down below, I can only imagine their surprise when a mini tiger came plummeting down upon them. But I digress......I love how I can see Greg's same wild spirit and zest for keeping us entertained alive in his son Jack.  Little Skylar thinks her brother is The Funniest kid in town. He just has to do a goofy walk, and she is rolling over laughing. It's adorable to watch, and great to remember how much fun it was to grow up with my bro.